As a Texas Hernia Specialist, Dr. Ngo has achieved distinction in the field of hernia surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Our team will work with you to determine the best treatment for your specific type of hernia. Dr. Ngo has performed more than 1,500 minimally invasive hernia surgeries during his career.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive procedures cause much less injury to the surrounding tissues and generally result in shorter recovery times and decreased pain. Despite this, only 25% of General Surgeons in the US perform minimally invasive hernia surgery. This approach will help you feel better sooner and allow you to return to normal activities much quicker. Dr. Ngo will work with you to determine the right approach to your hernia surgery and to support you throughout the course of your treatment and recovery.
Caring and Compassionate
Every member of our team will provide you with the compassion and care you need to navigate your hernia surgery and the recovery period. We are committed to providing you with the best experience and advanced surgical care to create the best results for your unique situation. Our approach is focused on optimal personalized care and we do everything in our power to achieve you with a great result while managing your pain getting you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
To learn more about the Texas Hernia Specialist team or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ngo, call us today at (713) 255-6363. We look forward to the opportunity to help you feel your best.
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor – 2013-2019
- Gateway to Care Health Champion Award – 2014
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer – Cancer Liaison
Physician Outstanding Performance Award – 2008
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center – Physician of the Year Nominee – 2007, 2008
- St. Joseph Hospital General Surgery Residency – Academic Excellence Award – 2002
- Temple University Health System/Episcopal Hospital – British Journal of Surgery
Most Outstanding Surgical Trainee – 1999
- Temple University Health System/Episcopal Hospital – General Surgery Intern of the Year – 1999
- Rice University- President’s Honor Roll – 1990-1994
- YMCA of Greater Houston International Services – Volunteer of the Year 2014
- American Cancer Society Gulf Coast Region – Outstanding Community Volunteer – 2010
- International Journal of Abdominal Wall and Hernia Surgery – Editorial Board
- Americas Hernia Society – Member
- Vietnamese American Medical Association of Greater Houston – President
- Memorial Hermann Physician Network Supply Chain Subcommittee – Past Chair
- Memorial Hermann Physician Network Surgery Subcommittee – Past Chair
- Houston Surgery Center Supply Chain/Quality/Infection Control Committee – Past Chair
- Community Health Choice Medical Care Management Committee
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network – Board of Directors
- American Cancer Society South Region – Region Cabinet
- American Cancer Society Greater Houston and East Texas Area – Board of Directors
- CanCare – Board of Directors
- CanCare – Medical Advisory Board
- YMCA of Greater Houston – Board of Directors