Dr. Rick Ngo is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a distinction that indicates his high level of expertise and professionalism in the surgical field. He has performed more than 1,000 minimally invasive gallbladder surgeries and has earned a reputation as a recognized expert in the field of laparoscopic procedures to treat gallstones and to perform hernia repair for inguinal, ventral, umbilical and other types of hernias.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive procedures cause much less damage to the surrounding tissues and generally result in faster hernia surgery recovery times. This will help you feel better faster and will reduce the amount of downtime after your hernia operation. Dr. Ngo will work with you to determine the right approach to your hernia surgery and to support you along the way. Most hernia surgeons in our area do not offer minimally invasive surgeries for hernia treatment. Because Dr. Ngo is experienced and knowledgeable in this form of surgery, he can help to promote a faster and more comfortable recovery.
Caring and Compassionate
Every member of our team will provide you with the compassion and care you need to navigate your hernia surgery and the recovery period. We are committed to providing you with the best experience and advanced surgical care to create the best results for your unique situation. Our approach is focused on your personal hernia treatment and recovery. We do everything in our power to reduce the pain and to get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
To learn more about the Texas Hernia Specialist team or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ngo, call us today at (713) 255-6363. We look forward to the chance to help you feel your best.
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor – 2013, 2014, 2015
- Gateway to Care Health Champion Award – 2014
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer – Cancer Liaison
Physician Outstanding Performance Award – 2008
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center – Physician of the Year Nominee – 2007, 2008
- St. Joseph Hospital General Surgery Residency – Academic Excellence Award – 2002
- Temple University Health System/Episcopal Hospital – British Journal of Surgery
Most Outstanding Surgical Trainee – 1999
- Temple University Health System/Episcopal Hospital – General Surgery Intern of the Year – 1999
- Rice University- President’s Honor Roll – 1990-1994
- YMCA of Greater Houston International Services – Volunteer of the Year 2014
- American Cancer Society Gulf Coast Region – Outstanding Community Volunteer – 2010
- Memorial Hermann Physician Network Supply Chain Task Force – Chair
- Memorial Hermann Physician Network Surgery Subcommittee – Past Chair
- Houston Surgery Center Supply Chain/Quality/Infection Control Committee – Director
- Community Health Choice Medical Care Management Committee
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network – Board of Directors
- American Cancer Society High Plains Division – Board of Directors
- CanCare – Medical Advisory Board
- Faith In Practice – Board of Directors
- YMCA of Greater Houston – Board of Directors